Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Confetti Ring Plate DIY

Hey y'all! So a few days ago I received some of the absolute most perfect confetti from The Confetti Bar! (I'll list all their information at the bottom of this post!) I wanted to create something with this confetti so it wouldn't go to waste. That's when I decided to make a confetti ring plate! This is how it turned out! 



If you want to make one of your own, continue reading and I'll teach you how! 


What you'll need: 
• confetti (I 100% recommend some from The Confetti Bar) 
• mod podge (gloss kind) 
• paint brushes 
• whatever colors of paint you want (I used gold and white)
• terra cotta plant saucer 

First, paint your plant saucer the desired colors of your ring plate. I painted mine white with a gold trim. 


Second, make sure your plant saucer is dry before continuing on to this step. For step two place a layer of mod podge on the bottom of the plate. Don't put to much on the bottom. You want to be able to make the majority of the confetti stick. Sprinkle the confetti over the mod podge. Try to make it as even as possible! 

This next step can get a little messy. Press down on the confetti to make sure the confetti sticks to the bottom of the plate. 


Pour some more mod podge over the confetti. Don't be like me and pour a lot of mod podge over your confetti. If you pour to much it will take your ring plate forever to dry. 


After pouring the mod podge make sure that the majority of the confetti is covered. 


All you have to do now is wait until it completely drys! 
Like I said before, when I first pouredmy  mod podge, I pored too much. If this problem happens to you, don't worry! Wait until the mod podge drys. I waited two days for my mod podge to completly dry and it was still white (which means it wasn't completely dry). So all I did was put a thin layer over the white areas and add more confetti. And there you go, problem solved! Here are some more photos of my ring plate! 


I hope you enjoyed this Confetti Ring Plate DIY! I use mine for other things since I don't usually wear rings. As promised here is The Confetti Bar's information:

Instagram: @theconfettibar 

Xoxo,
Samantha
@theofficialprep

Today is one of my best friends birthday! So here's a quick shoutout to Jarrett!! Happy Birthday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram